View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 11:41 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25stevem View Post
I also can’t see why with the times your car is running that you have no power valve in the back.
To me your motor due to the stall speed you have and the cars gearing does not rev up fast enough nor high enough at leaving the line to not having a power valve being a plus, but a disadvantage!

Your vacuum secondary’ carb in and of itself makes for running a blocked power valve a waste in my opinion.
Agree because #3310 carbs (750cfm/780cfm) come stock with a metering plate.

If you upgrade to the Holley replacement Metering Block and remove the 3310 vacuum secondary metering plate the replacement block does not come with a provision to easily install a power valve. It is not even drilled and threaded for the PV. So no power valve capability on the #3310 carb unless you use a second #3310 primary metering block on the rear of the carb.

Many of the 950 HP carbs have a Power Valve on the rear metering block.
Most remove the rear PV, install a plug, and jet up accordingly. (6 sizes)

"Your vacuum secondary’ carb in and of itself makes for running a blocked power valve a waste in my opinion"

Read again above, 25stevem;6416696

#3310 factory carbs do not use Power Valves on the secondary side.
(metering plates are used, not metering blocks.)

You are mixing the 950 HP capabilities with the normal 780 CFM #3310 Vacuum carbs capabilities in error.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.