View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicgto View Post
I don't have a stumble currently with my 3310 vac secondary. I recently picked up a 950 HP and currently have it apart. I'm considering proactively installing the extensions. On post #9 of this thread I asked if anyone has 60 footed in 1.5 or less without extensions. I'm trying to figure out at what point it typically becomes necessary.
Both of our A-bodies 60 foot in the 1.50's when both cars had 950 HP carbs on them. Neither had jet extensions. Ran them that way for many years. When dad switched his car to a larger engine with more power (same carb) he had a couple 60 foots in the 1.46 or 1.48 range.

Not a bad idea to add jet extensions if you want, but I'd just buy the notched floats if I were doing that, because it's not like it's expensive. Modifying floats and trying to epoxy them just goes down a rabbit hole with potential problems later down the road that I don't want to deal with.

What I found both cars really needed at this power level and 60 foot capability is a good fuel delivery system. -8 line to and from with a good Walbro pump inside the tank supplying the fuel.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: