View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
For what it's worth, I've never had any issues with the blue gaskets over the years using them. I apply a stick of deodorant to them. It just leaves a waxy film that doesn't harm the carb and it's small and easy to carry to the track in my box of holley parts.

As far as your fueling problem, generally if you have one of those meter block gaskets that aren't sealing, you'd have a fuel flooding problem constantly while running, usually dripping off the boosters all the time, not just after shutdown.

My guess is your heat soak issue after shut down is just that, it's heat soak related. More than likely you'll find several solutions such as how hot you're running the car before shut down (engine temp) will have an affect, or whether or not you run a fuel return line. Whether you use a heat cross over or not. A thick or thin baseplate gasket or some form of heat insulator or spacer, or even a heat shield. A whole myriad of things will affect heat soak after shut down and it's usually a combination of a few or all the above to cure it.

Just some things to look at.
Old Spice??? Lol...

What color are the Holley gaskets, that are supposed to be the best for not sticking?

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...