Thread: Junkyard Rant
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
I really miss the local junk yards I grew up with. Throw a bunch of tools in 5 gallon bucket and off you go to look for parts. All the junk yard I used to crawl through as a kid are now gone. We have only one yard in my town now.

All the remaining junk yards around are full service yards. The closes "pull your own parts" is 2 hours away now. These Full service yards are 2x to 3x more expensive. And everything is extra and nothing comes with the bolts or clips.

I needed a front bumper assembly. No bolts, no clips, grills are extra, driving lights didn't come with it.

Full service yard does have the advantage of me not freezing outside in the winter while laying in a pile of mud.
Thank you for starting this thread. Oh the memories of going into those old yards. I started doing that with dad when I was about 6 years old. Now at 67 and dad gone years now. I am old school and miss the old ways in the old days. And so many of us at this age still share so much that comes from these old cars. There more than just cars to us. There our history.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goat69SD For This Useful Post: