Thread: ChatGPT
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On a side note, for those "afraid" of this kind of AI ... keep in mind, the original intent of the phrase "Artificial Intelligence" was to describe a program which have the appearance of intelligence (typically using a conversational model), without actually having intelligence. It sound much more nefarious than it's actual meaning ... "Fake Intelligence"

Modern media has shifted the emphasis from the word "Artificial" to the word "Intelligence". Now it has come to mean in current usage an INTELLIGENCE that is Artificial.

They are two totally different concepts ... I mean light years apart. While we can currently write programs that mimic intelligence very well ... we are many decades from creating an Intelligence that is artificial .. meaning a self aware, self programming entity that is an entity separate and apart from it's original programmers. At least 100 years away from this ... in fact in my experience programming I still can't even imagine the foundation on which a program like that might be built.

The bottom line is that ChatGPT does nothing that it wasn't programmed to do, it is incapable to doing so, and never will develop that capability.

So no fears YET ... when it does happen, kiss your butt goodbye.