Thread: “Big Game”
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 04:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Don't believe the media HYPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
I didn’t care who would will, but if you are an Eagles fan and thought they were cheated, I would argue that they had 2 turnovers that gave the Chiefs 14 defensive points and that is how they lost the game. Chiefs had the better defence in that game.
Excellent point. But I think they 'only' had 7 defensive points. One apparent touchdown by the same DB that scored on the fumble by the Eagles QB, was 'reversed' when the second fumble was ruled an incomplete pass. Even though the officials didn't blow the whistle in real time, to signal a dead ball.
That is the play that the media is failing to say anything about, so the majority of people that just watch the news/highlights will buy into the hype that they are selling, saying the Eagles were cheated.
It was a controversial call (pass interference) but in reality, it had virtually no effect on the outcome of the game. Like I said before, the Chiefs would have still had a FG from 10-15 yards further out. Their kicker may have missed an earlier attempt from 42 yards (by six inches) but it isn't like he is going to DOINK a second time. His actual winning kick went straight down the middle.
Then the Eagles would have had a little over a minute to try and get a tying FG. Slim odds.