View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I honestly don't care much about cost. If they could cast an iron round port head that resembled a factory head I'd be on board even if they cost as much as aluminum. Cost has never been the issue as far as I'm concerned, it's about the product itself. If it's what I'm looking for, I pay for it. If it's not, I look at other options. In fact, I'd even go as far to say if they did a nice iron casting of round ports they may even find they'll sell in the $2000-$3000+ range for those looking when you consider what an original casting is selling for these days, if you can find them, that then need another $1500 worth of machine work and parts on top of that. Makes those new castings at those prices look pretty good. A D-port head, not so much. Those would be on a completely different price scale.

As Jay mentioned, aluminum heads scream "look at me" and quite frankly, they could be cast to resemble an iron head if they really wanted to. Companies like Trick Flow do it for Chevrolets as just one example. The biggest problem is the tiny Pontiac market doesn't warrant the expense involved to do so. Same reason why the iron head idea that's been floating around for years never got off the ground.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE

Last edited by Formulajones; 01-29-2023 at 12:35 PM.