View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 09:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Which garage floor coating is best?

I've been studying the different types of garage floor coatings that are available. My intention is to do my garage floor sometime next summer when it's warm and dry. It will be my showroom. I'm just finishing rolling on the last of my 10 gallons of paint on the walls...... Yikes!

Anyway, I'm pretty well signed up for going all out on the floor, but will do it myself with probably a Polyurea Floor or Polyaspartic Floor Coating, with a metallic coloring. I already know that I'll be grinding the concrete and doing lots of prep work. If you have a positive experience with this sort of thing, I'd like to know which products you used and where to get them. I already went through the many youtube videos and have seen the many failures that occur when people don't do a great job of prep. Amazon reviews are also chocked full of people who had coatings peel right off, but there are also many folks that had success.

I've been doing my own bodywork for 45 years. so I figure if I can conquer that, I shoud be able to tackle this project. I'm also going to subscribe to an online training video by a professional who does floors.

Thanks in advance for your comments and guidance.

Old Joe

68 GTO Clone (Tempest) Wagon