View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Having looked at many many low mile cars at the dealership only days to 5 years old, the first place I would look on a " low mile car" would be for retainer clips on the rear wheel studs. Then I may pull the rear drums. Having seen a ton of factory brake shoes., This is easy. Most these cars made it past the 5/50 warranty with original rear brakes. Obviously pedal pad wear is another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Only one problem with that theory, in states (such as PA where I lived previously) it is mandatory to remove two wheels, and brake drums, cross corners every year for brake inspections (it used to be every 6 months before 1977). So a 1974 car would have both of the brake drums pulled by the time it was one year old. Being I was a state inspection mechanic we always twisted the clips with a pair of diagonal wire cutters, and threw the clips away. It depends on what state the car would be in, if that had any bearing on mileage verification.
The stuff people here know just blows me away. I can take a look at the studs and the pads although I'm not sure how much of that was gone through when they rebuilt the rear end.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share