View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

JMHO,doing a forged crank was by far more EZ(but not cheaper)than the cast crank.The cast crank needed the interior of the block clearances.The forged was a drop in AFTER getting the thrust welded to cancel the need for a spacer.Turning Js for BBC was the same for both.The V build my builder welded a bridge by the water jacket where it was TOO close for him to build it.There REALLY is a need to have a proper head gasket for the hybrid build.I know Dave did not want to build another intake.The ONLY reason I built the D port because pretty much everyone said I would leave the crank on the dyno room floor.The V was more natural as the factory make 303 short deck SCCA engines and I already owned the single 4 intake and the 2-4 Xram,dizzy and carbs.The D port engine had a higher HP possibility but did NOT have the WOW factor of the Xram.That engine is now at the Throttlestop.I if I really ever loose my mind I would build a D port 383 but find a set of Hilborn FI,convert it to EFI and not have to get a custom intake made.Im pretty much done doing Vs and other crazy builds.My next build will just be a simple round port build with a set of Speedmaster heads to go in my 69 bird.I wish all the best for people to carry on my insanity!Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to tom s For This Useful Post: