View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was talking with a neighbor last week that just bought a new Ford Lightning. His was the high end model, Platinum if thats what they call it. All the bells and whistles, extended battery and such. Beautiful truck, if I hit the lottery I would be in line. However the $110k price tag will keep me away forever! Im pushing 60 now, and I get a new to me truck every 10yrs or so. Last year this time I paid $20k for the current one and if statistics are close I may be getting one more. I can put the extra $80k or so I will save away for something else. Financially it makes zero sense to me.
As far as towing, he has not towed with his, but has taken a few mid range trips. Said it had more power than his Silverado he traded in. Had a phone app to show cost and to date he had 'spent around $30 in charge fees. Said it was something like $3 to fully charge it.
The drastic change in the range from the op's video is not a surprise. I have that same range finder on my gas f150. When I fill up its something like 500+ miles to E. Seems for every mile I drive 1-1/2 comes off the range. Close but not accurate.