View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Probably should mention a car show and a cruise are 2 different things in my eye's. Some group it all together but I see them completely different.

I'm more of a cruise in guy, no fees, and we come and go as we please, just like it used to be in the 70's and 80's. But honestly would rather be at the dragstrip. One of the reasons we daily drive the classics is because we simply enjoy driving them. Not afraid to race them either.

A paid car show is somewhat of a seldom thing for us. We participate more in events that involve driving the cars, like the Rt 66 cruise or when a club puts together an afternoon cruise somewhere like Tortilla Flat or some other cool destination. In one day it's nothing to put 300-400 miles on the car. It's a good time.

I'll do a paid show like Goodguys. We do that one for a few reasons. The swap meet is a big reason, and we like the variety of cars, usually 2000-3000 cars to look at. I enter a car so I can park in the midst of it, have a cooler at hand with drinks and food for the day. I couldn't care less what people think of the car I drove, I'm not there for that really. Then we leave when ever we want. Usually hit the local cruise in on the way home that evening. That whole trip in itself ends up being about 230-250 miles and that's part of the fun for me.
Paid shows really need other attractions to get my attention. Things like chassis dynos, a road course, or my favorite, shows at the dragstrip. Love going to a car show at the dragstrip where I can be a part of both. I'll pay for that. Something where we are actually using the cars for something other than the lawn chair nationals.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: