View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 02:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
I know you just posted that to see if I was reading your posts Dragncar.

Post up anytime you want a "Earlier" engine than 2016 that can accelerate and decelerate from 30 mph (out of the pit) to 240 MPH and run at that speed for 24 hours, except for pit stops.
By the way that engine was 3.5L in size. (Roughly 215 cid).

The big V8s would never survive there. Just a comment based on your post.
I have friends with some Ford turbo engines in their trucks with 350,000 KANSAS "street/highway" miles on them.

Just saying. But you can have your opinion, I try to deal in facts.

Tom V.
Toyota has bought back some Tundras that have reached 1,000,000 miles with original engines and transmissions . One MILLION miles is a whole lot better than 350,000 miles. And Kansas miles are less than half the wear and tear of city/urban miles.
Facts are good. 1,000,000 is better than 350,000.
The best engines on earth have been made for a long time by Honda, not Ford.
I have a beater Civic that is rolling up on 300,000 miles and I will have 500,000 on her by the time I am done.
I know you are a Ford guy and have done a lot with them. But they are not the best.
When I bought my truck I drove everything and no other truck was close or built better. You could feel it, so I bought it and that truck is still worth 2/3 or better the price I paid off the lot.
How many Ford trucks can say that or even come close to a Tundras resale ?
None.
Oh, that Rust guy has been doing very well against some smaller boosted cars in real racing. And his ride is a lot cooler too.

Last edited by Dragncar; 09-20-2022 at 03:02 AM.