View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckies76ta View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Really hard to find a 15" performance tire with a high speed rating. I only wish that when I bought my rims that I went away from 15". I also find it hard to believe a company would choose to put white lettering on a tire, only for it to turn brown. Makes no sense to me. I have BF Goodrich tire from years ago that are a white as the day I bought them. Bought 2 new rear tires last year 275/60R/15 and the letters are turning brown. I have 2 more on my wife's car that are very brown letters. Look like sh*t. I'm gonna look into taking them back to the tire shop for replacement. Thanks again all for info.
i have some older BFGs on a car too, they have not been washed in at least 3-4 years & stay bright white, when they do get dirty they clean up easily with just some soap & a brush or wesleys bleech-white when needed that works wonders on all other brands of RWL tires i own/owned.

these current BFGs dont come white no matter how hard you clean them, ive tried everything including lacquer thinner on each letter by hand, they will get "white'ish" but never bright white like they should then they turn brown within a few weeks to a month or so. this is the 3rd set BFG replaced, the 3rd set is better than the others but still not right.

i would contact BFG directly if you want to have the tires considered for replacement, if they are under 6 years old & they determine they qualify for replacement they will have you take them to a authorized dealer for inspection & tread measurement then will either fully replace or offer a pro rated refund towards another set... that may or may not do the same thing again.

i agree there is no reason for the letters to do this, no other brands of 15" RWL tires have this issue i have seen at car shows etc & my 17" light truck/suv goodyears dont do it either.