View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 01:00 PM

Unhappy 65 AM/FM radio wiring with front/rear speaker switch?

Help! I bought an original working front/rear speaker switch, replacement 10 ohm front and rear speakers (vendor name upon request), and am having my 7294342 Pontiac push-button AM/FM radio refurbed w/Bluetooth added (vendor name upon request). So in theory I should soon be all set.

But, I have reviewed many diagrams and photos and posts and I still can't quite work out exactly what should connect to where; I'm thinking I may have some incorrect/mismatched connectors at this point?

Here are my pix of the radio rear connector, front/rear fader switch and its connectors (with black/white stripe = rear speaker wire?, and the 3-pin connector with brown and green wires have the two connectors offset in depth?), front speaker connector from speaker (green wire), radio power connector from harness (yellow wire), and an accessory wiring diagram.

From these pix, can anybody tell me for sure what goes where? It doesn't seem like the three-pin switch connector will plug into the back of this radio (or if it does, it doesn't seem like the yellow power wire will plug into the other three-pin connector that "clips" on the side of the radio). And then if so, the diagram I have talks about a light blue wire but I don't have any on any of these wires/connectors. I've got myself spinning in circles and feel like I may have some mismatched connectors or am looking at the wrong diagrams online.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom.Radio.SideConnector.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	597892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom.FaderSwitch.Connectors.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	597893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom.FrontSpeakerConnector.jpg