View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 03:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Everyone aware that Lakewood was purchased by Quicktime? The new Lakewood is something like seven pounds lighter than the old one and uses a new manufacturing technique. I purchased my old Lakewood unit in 1985 and it falls into the blacksmith manufacturing standards and it took quite a bit of finagling to get the runout in speck for the Tremec trans. There isn't much price difference between a new Lakewood and a new Quicktime so my friend went with the somewhat more expensive Quicktime and it was really a bolt-in install and was close enough to run.

I pulled and rebuilt an engine and the stock aluminum bellhousing had multiple cracks in it that pushed up material around the crack but didn't break loose. I asked him about it and he said he had the lining come off the disk but the steal disk remained intact. Now if just lining can puncture the stock housing, I really don't want to see what would remain of the housing if even just the clutch disk came apart.