View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Honestly Tom, I am not 100% sure what we have now. The school bought a 25K major hardware and software update for the dyno a couple years after I officially retired. Basically, we have a Superflow 901 with the 902 updated software and instrumentation. From memory, the sensors themselves are Bosch parts and the software just for them is from Inovate Technologies? Then it is somehow married to the Superflow software. Fortunately, Blaine Heeter, my co-instructor has had all the training direct from Superflow. I am trying to get myself back up to speed. He has been there for all the dyno work and will continue to be until we get this deal optimized. I will share the results once we get it in the ball park and can make some clean pulls. Hoping to have something before Norwalk but depends on when the parts get here. To answer your question directly,

Tom, this will be the first time I have used O2 sensors on the engine dyno. In the past, we had to rely on EGT's, fuel flow meters, and the air hats for tuning. Our chassis dyno has had wide band O2 for 15+ years but i haven't personally tuned a car on it. The young guys LOVE the chassis dyno! I have watched. They spend all day with their laptops playing on that thing. Making 20-30 pulls in a session mapping fuel, spark, boost if applicable.

Last edited by mgarblik; 08-07-2022 at 10:13 AM.