View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

*UPDATE*

NOS emblem shipped out (again) to be scanned, talked with firm commissioned to scan and we had a very good conversation with the part in their hands. Before sending out I test fit the NOS emblem on a factory original front bumper, two different bumpers actually and it fit fairly well but it did have some “wiggle” and inconsistent gap (s) around the perimeter and that could be from 50+ years of sitting on the shelf in a box, the emblem may have shrunk, warped, bumper inconsistencies', etc. and or they just fit like that from day one. So tomorrow morning I am driving three hours one way down state to hand deliver two factory bumpers (for comparison) to have them scanned so the “B” side of the emblem fits the profile best as possible. We are also going to look at a possible improved installation retention system for the mounting studs. Reason for doing so is to simplify the manufacturing process. For the main body "A" side we are looking at multiple resins, fillers, urethanes, carbon fibers, plastics, fiberglass’s, heat ranges (to prevent warping), U.V. tolerant, impact resistance, Paints (color retention), etc. there is way more going on to make this part than one realizes. Plus trying to keep the part reasonable in cost for such a low production item. I will share more as things progress forward. Thank You.

Tim

Last edited by Tim john; 07-28-2022 at 11:09 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tim john For This Useful Post: