View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 11:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
I still find myself drawn to the LT cars even if they're not as desirable. IMO Firehawk felt more limited and genuine to the 93-97 cars, whereas on the LS cars it's mostly an appearance thing. I also prefer the styling of the earlier cars, I love those ram air hoods and the air filter staring you in the face when you open the hood. They're also generally lower production.

Kind of slim pickings out West right now as far as I can tell. There's a few '99-'02 Firehawk coupes for sale in the low $30s. The manual LT Firehawks I've been able to find out here are rough around the edges even if the milage is on the lower side. There was a Comp T/A on the central coast up for sale a few months ago for $19k in fantastic condition. I let it slide because it was an auto. Kind of regretting that now. My wishlist of 6 speed, t-tops and leather tied to a well kept example at a sensible price is harder than I thought to find so maybe it's time to loosen my requirements.

I started looking across the country but not sure how I feel about dealing with transports and a remote purchase.
I just shipped a new Raptor from Florida to San Diego ($3,200) with no issues, also shipped 4 other cars this year from various N.E. locations to Florida, again no issues. You can negotiate rates...
If you're interested, I still have Comp T/A #006 still for sale with 16k miles.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=853678

Mike