Thread: Amazement
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
I think it's just a fun exercise for many people and harmless. It's the total drivetrain package that makes for a really nice street car. Bragging rites are fun I guess, but in my case at least, I want an engine that has great response, some idle quality, won't overheat, can run on pump gas, starts easily hot, and can roast the tires at will cruising in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear. With a stock chassis, and drum brakes, that's about 500 HP in my estimation. Much more than that, your breaking stuff all the time.
Thats pretty much my definition of fun too, I dont spend much time at the dragstrip anymore because its a big dollar game that I am not willing to play anymore.

After going full circle, I came to the conclusion that I have the most fun with stick shifted 200-500hp cars in the streets...

On a motorcycle? anything with two wheels and an engine no matter the HP, im a happy camper.

Its funny how when I was 20 I wasn't happy until my ride was entirely built of go fast and machined/fabricated aluminum parts...

...Now I get excited by a decently quick stock looking old car/motorcycle with a nice patina...!

Must be wisdom or age .

Peter