View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 04:07 AM
Suspended

Mike has a question:

On the original Factory bathtub Intake there was a "V" in the lower plenum with two offset raised ledges at the rear of the front carb. and one to the front of the rear carb. down on the valley floor that I presume would not allow the fuel from one carbs. cylinders to get into the other. What is to keep the fuel from going forward on deceleration and backward on acceleration without them? This ledge was necessary and tried and tested by Engineers and won races, yes? If I am correct a fix, if needed, is to add the ledge back in to this design, if it becomes necessary. You won't know until someone gets there's running and test and tuned. Secondly, since the "W" in the current Plenum divides the driver's side half cylinders 1,3,5,7 from 2,4,6,8the left side primaries and secondaries feed the left side only and the same on the right side. This I am very curious to see how well this works. This too is not what the Pontiac Pros designed into the original Bathtub Intake. I fear that you had the chance to duplicate the original to the letter. Why change a winning tested and proven design to begin with? What you have is an untested, unproven very expensive trial and error product that may not work as intended. Then again you could get lucky because you are an engineer as well, but I believe in those Pontiac Gurus that manufactured the original design because it is tried and we know it works. I saw this way back earlier in this post and I came up with a possible solution and I still stand by my theory, after all as long as your changing things why not experiment with it. I am waiting to hear from the new owners on how well the changed design works. Good luck.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 06-30-2022 at 05:05 AM.