Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Hm, a few inches too short? For the gauge cluster? I will be doing mine here shortly and curious, but will be using aftermarket gauges, will mod the harness.
It was all too short. Difficult to describe, but there's no way the wires would reach to where they needed to be, including the main junction box, which one might not even notice until the dash is in the car. I suspect I could have made it work by stretching wires across the shortest distance rather than laying them where they're supposed to be (and re-making other wires which couldn't be stretched far enough) but that would have resulted in a huge mess. I would have gone this route had my friend not told me that this has been an ongoing problem with the 70-73 harnesses. The 74-78 harness is definitely longer and fit perfectly in the channels. AAW is aware but why they haven't addressed it is a mystery to me.

I'm using Digital Dakota RTX gauges and bim module to the Fast ECU so this cut down on the connections to gauges and number of sensors. It's really slick...just hope it all works!

As somewhat of an aside, when I went to install the Vintage Air ducts onto the dash I noticed that the one in the center was made without nubs that holds the 2.5" hose in place...the nubs weren't broken off, the part was just molded wrong. Also, the 2.5" hose is a bit larger than it needs to be so I ended up having to use zip ties to secure them to the vent pieces. In the past, the opposite was true (it was difficult to get the hose over the vent pieces).