View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 09:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think I nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Same here on my'72 vert, Roger. Took all the guts out of the door to clean it and re-grease where needed and then reinstalled it. Don't know about the '69, but the three bolts which hold my window to the mechanism are easy. Slide it back and forth ... it goes back and forth. lol Start messing with rotational movement, it gets confusing. I finally had to go back to my old geometry knowledge. when rotationally adjusting, envision where the window is secured and how it rotates around that secured spot. At least it helped me on the final little bit of adjustments. IOW, if you move the rear upper window stop down, the window will rotate the top to the rear (and lower) and the front bottom of the window to the front (and up). I think that's right ... lol. I may be confused too. Ogre
I think 1969 is a bit different than all the other years on the driver window mechanism. Not sure if it's any more or less complicated though. It did take a while to learn what moves what and figure out the best order to do it. Same on the rear windows. Once I went to the passenger side, it went much faster. Still took a while on the door but the quarter window went very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Not a vert but it took me about about two days to get the side windows right, and then a couple more sessions with them after the car sat with the doors closed for a while and the new WS settles in.
I've been working on the side windows now for over 2 weeks and it seems like forever. But, I've only worked on it maybe a couple of hours per day during this time. If I had to guess, I'd say it's taken me 20 hours or so.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO