Thread: Y88 Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 01:16 AM

First of all Steve you've got one heck of an eye for detail. I think I'm picking up what you're putting down with regard to that extra outline you have. I've never seen that style before! Here's a better shot of the PG bird outside of the wrapper for comparison-it looks very much like 68ragtop's-

I know you said you believe the car to have original paint? We do know Pontiac had problems with the early shade of gold and some cars had to be repainted at the dealer (or whatever body shop the dealer used). I wonder if there's a chance that happened to this car and the decal was replaced? If i remember correctly it took a long time for companies like Stencils and Stripes and Phoenix Graphics to start producing accurate decals for these cars.

I would also be curious to know if it was a really early VIN which at least could entertain the possibility of it being a pilot version of the package with a preprod version of the bird. Unlikely, yes, but if the VIN is really early I'd wonder until it's ruled out.

Do the sail panel birds match it or the new decals?

'79 T/A Solar Gold Metallic W72/WS6

'71 GT-37