View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 02:53 AM

You cold still get a Pontiac 400 (last year available) but only with a 4-speed manual trans. The 301 was also available. This particular car was born with the Oldsmobile 403., as indicated by the 5th digit in the VIN (K). Decent smog era engine with good low end torque (320 or so) and decent fuel economy if that matters to you (in tune) The second digit, X, indicates a true 10th Anniversary Edition.

I won't opine on value but here are some, but not all, of the things that stand out to me. -

-Someone did their version of a "restoration" on it
-Repaint has been noted-Firewall and underside of hood painted body color. Original would be black.
-Wheel flares are really poorly fitting, but it looks like there also missing the vinyl gaskets around the edge that are meant take take up some of that gap.
-Core support is missing emissions label. Likely meaning is was replaced. Rust or accident repair? Who knows from here. Scrutinize closely in person.
-Interior upholstery has been replaced with low quality vinyl repops. These Anniversary cars were the only second gen cars to come with a genuine (silver) leather interior. Decent quality repops are available last I checked, but quite expensive.
-Headlights and radiator "upgraded" to LED/Aluminum.

What I like about it is that it's appears to be a real 10th Anniversary car that's both complete (though not totally correct) and someone has tried hard to get it in decent cosmetic shape. As noted you've got to get underneath to see what's doing there. No way of knowing how good or bad the repaint is in pictures and under the dust,. If it's dry underneath and drives well, it could be a fun cruiser as is or with some small and medium weekend projects to sharpen the details. Definitely not a "survivor" or extremely original example.

That's my 2 cents.

'79 T/A Solar Gold Metallic W72/WS6

'71 GT-37
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoodshaker For This Useful Post: