View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cliff, the carb was set up with a kit you provided so hopefully it isn't pig rich I also based part of my decision on some information in your book which said about 1/3 of the carbs you build have no chokes and work just fine.

I've got tons of TIG wire that's for sure.

At present when I press the pedal and set the choke it snaps completely shut (with proper small gap to horn) and stays there WAY longer than necessary. Tested the coil with a heat gun while it was installed and it does eventually release the choke and open all the way.

I'm using the choke coil from Ames PN N139C.

What I was looking for was to make it release quicker (at lower temps). I was leaning towards disabling because when I closed the loop on the rod far enough to accomplish this it would screw up the geometry enough that the rod would bind.

On the test stand before I installed the engine, and it had no choke coil installed I'd just flip the choke flap close, start it, flop it open all the way and within 15 seconds or so it would idle without me tapping throttle ... this was in 70 degree temps.

I'll give it a shot bending up a rod or two, see if I can get it to behave differently.

I guess I could have the idle mixture too rich .... both screws are out about 3/4 turn from closed.