View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 05:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
That's a shame with the repro bumper...not even close.
Yeah, kind of a pain. I should have pursued getting the original bumper redone in the first place and not bothered trying a repro. Btw, Ron Johnson of Potomac Classic Pontiac said although not perfect, he's had pretty good luck with the Goodmark repro bumpers. But when I told him how well my original fit, he said it would be a much better decision to get that one redone and said he uses Tri City Plating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGermanHam View Post
Wow, very poor fitment of the aftermarket bumper. Do you know who the manufacturer is? AMD or The Parts Place possibly?
I don't. All I know it's the more expensive of the two that Ames carries and they say "Very Good". Makes me wonder why they will charge me a restocking fee. I hate to think they would sell this bumper to someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
That OEM bumper fits nice.
Does that $800 include removing the dings? Just wondering what the cost is for chrome with no other work.
I'll be moving in TN in the next year or so .... will be able to save some shipping
Yes, $800 to make it perfect. Not sure if he has a different price or not if there aren't any dents or dings. I told him (Chip) that I counted over a dozen small dings and that there were 2 minor bends but the bumper fit the car very well. I asked him if he wanted to see any photos but he said no because my description didn't concern him at all.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: