View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are quite a few good oils on the market that are marketed specifically towards classic cars and flat tappet camshafts.

The issue I hear all the time is people not wanting to spend a little extra. I look at it this way..... For what it costs to build an engine these days, it's cheap insurance. I'll gladly pay a little more for a good oil. And if you shop around and buy in bulk it's really not that bad.

For as little as everyone drives their classics anyway it's not like they need to change the oil super frequently. They even make oil specifically made for cars that sit a lot. For people only driving 2 or 3,000 miles a year I don't see a need for them to change it but once a year So spend what.....$50-$60 bucks every spring and don't worry about it.

Honestly the best way to approach it if anyone cares about their engine is send a small sample off to blackstone for analysis. They tell you exactly when an oil change should be done, how well the oil and filter choice is working for you, and if there are any potential issues. You can then make a better decision on what you want to use and when to change it.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE

Last edited by Formulajones; 02-08-2022 at 10:39 PM.