Thread: eBay sightings
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Beaumonts (and Chevy II based Acadians are not actually Pontiac’s. I don’t mean that is my opinion, I mean it factually.

While full sized Canadian Pontiac’s (more or less Pontiac body panels and dashboard with Chevy Impala Chassis, powertrain and interior) in that era were indeed sold as Pontiac’s the Beaumont and Acadian (basically 100% chevelle and chevyII-Nova with slightly different grilles, taillights and emblems) were never marketed as Pontiac’s. They were there own brand. They have no Pontiac emblems. Their only relation to Pontiac was that they were sold by Pontiac dealers in Canada.

As for my personal opinion about Beaumont’s and Acadians, I consider them to just be rebranded chevies. Not a bad or good thing, just not my cup of tea.

As for full sized Canadian Pontiac’s my opinion is a bit mixed. They are more Chevy than Pontiac but you could say that about every Pontiac built from about 1980ish to the end.. my main beef with Canadian big Pontiac’s in the 60’s is the Chevy chassis with Pontiac body panels resulted in awkward, inset and off centered wheel placement that was the antithesis of Wide Track!

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)