Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hoping to install the engine and transmission, and as much on the firewall as possible this week, so we can bolt on the front clip and get the car back home so I can do the wiring and plumbing. Happy I decided to keep most of the factory emblems.

Still running down small parts. For example, need to find a switch for the parking brake...looks like they're unique for 70-71 and nothing available aftermarket or on-line. Hoping I can make another year work. Also need a wiper motor arm for my recessed wipers.

Bellhousing alignment checked out, well within spec. Unfortunately, it looks like I have the wrong pilot bearing. I had the small one that I purchased with the transmission (1.094 OD), which isn't even close to fitting in the crank (the hole is around 1.025 OD). I started looking for a bearing or bushing in that size, but then it occurred to me that I need to use the larger bearing (1.378 OD). This became clear when I measured the input shaft and calculated where the bearing surface would need to be. I'm hoping the tried and true 7109 will work. The t56 input shaft is .60 and I think the ID of the bearing is .59. I have one on the way from Summit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3398.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	582502