View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 03:01 AM
Suspended

I had the Snow Flake rims on my 1981 Camaro Z-28 and they were not stock for that car. My current Pontiac has the fast-Steering Box it's about one and a Quarter C/C.

Notice the pivot points on the Hurb Adam front Sway Bar and the Rear Sway Bar is also done that way. Hurb went with less Leaf spring in the rear but more HD and lower. The front Springs are thicker in diameter and shorter in height. I have Belltech 2" lower Spindle and 12" rotor from a Police Impala that fits the Belltech Spindle. Belltech set-up is older, prior to aftermarket kits today.

I have custom made Roll Bar in the Cab, Motor compartment and Trunk. Note, the custom Sub-Frame connectors front to rear. Koni adjustable Shocks round things off. Hurb Adams Designed your cars Suspension and Motor along with others in Pontiac in those days. I can appreciate you're keeping your car as close as it was from "HO". If you lived here in south Florida as I do, you would think twice!

Hurb Adams is the one I Build my car in remembrance of because that is who is behind the suspension this car came with. Hurb, also like the "HO" guys-built parts for the Pontiac enthusiast. Hurb designed the Fire-Am and the Cheverra, he also is the former engineer of R+D @ Pontiac who invented the WS6 option. I spoke to him one time about his suspension while I was building this Vehicle, also about his dream car Contessa.

I have 4-Wheel Disc. Brakes and 3.23 Posi-traction Rear End. I added every option a car can use and I need to finish the Cruise Control. Before that, I need to fix or rebuild the Trans. The Interior is aftermarket new with Carpet and Headliner custom installed by me. Extra, insulation throughout and behind all inner plastic interior walls. Interior was Painted before the upholstery, same Yellow as the outside. Under the Vehicle all parts are Painted too. Spun on a Rotisserie in the process. The Interior Vinyl is SEM Black Landau with Semi-gloss Clear.

I added Full Retractable Seat belts, custom installed in this "T"- Top car. Rear Defroster and Glove Box Electric opener too. Elec. Door Locks plus windows help. Remote Mirror with Sport Mirrors bullet look. Gear Vendors over under drive with B+M Ratchet Shifter. In the Center Glove Box is the GV computer Box and Trans. Temp. Gauge. Extra Side kick to cool with an Electric Fan in Front of the Radiator. I still use the Temperature HD Clutch Fan with the special 180-degree 3-hole Thermostat. Temp. is 195 degrees "F".

In the Trunk is Dual Batt. and the Sudbury Switch plus an Inverter that runs the Side Kick. Electric Fuel pump at the lower than Fuel Tank area. Dual Exhaust runs through the Rear Diffuser "no" Muffler's. Rear Window with Black Metal Louver. Trans Am Scoop for cold Air Induction with a GTO Pan under the Tri-Power set-up is the best way to keep the Engine from Percolating and I use Rec-90 Fuel that has no Alcohol. I have an extra oil cooler via a Doughnut adapter. The Trans. has one as well along with the Power Steering. The Front end is rebuilt and I use Semi- metalic Brake Pads. I Installed Metal Brake Lines too. All new Fuel and Brake lines from Inline Tube. I too added an extra Fuel line to the original by tapping into the existing Charcoal Canister line that came with this 1979 Pontiac by Teeing off the original Fuel line. I also added a 160 mph Speedo. My car has solid Body Mounts to lower the Vehicle even more. I had to put Spring Spacers under the Front and between the Springs to go over speed bumps. Like I said, am I missing any practical options? Any ways there will always be something to add down the road, just keeping her on the road running keeps me busy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	582019   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	582020   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0066.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	582022   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0072.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	582023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0137.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	582024  

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 01-16-2022 at 03:58 AM.