View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 07:16 PM

Default New member from NW Alabama

Hello all,
I've been out of the Pontiac game for a long time but I finally brought my high school car home after 23 years. I bought my '74 Trans Am in 1995 when I traded a 1970 LeMans Sport for it. Should have kept the LeMans, it was a factory 4 speed and had a '69 428 in it but the shaker got me. I drove it for a few months then late one night the engine locked up on me. It took two summers to get the cash scrapped up to rebuild it and when I did I got 500 miles out of it when coolant got into the oil. This was right before graduation and I went into the Marine Corps soon after. The car sat and my brother robbed parts off of it for years then it was sent to the tree row. At some point I sent money home to get the engine rebuilt and that was about 20 years ago, its never been fired up.

Now that we are settled I went home and picked it up. The engine, car, and transmission were in 3 different spots so we borrowed the neighbors loader, lifted the engine, bolted up the tranny and dropped it in the car, in 23 minutes. The motor mounts are gone from the car and the '69 block needs adapters but that will come.

Plans now are to tear down the engine and get it magnifluxed, I have a suspicion there is a crack in the #4 cylinder. If the engine is good I'll fire it up and see what happens.

I will need the front bumper and a ton of small parts that were robbed off to get it on the road. Might just go Vice Grip Garage and make a burn out car.

Sorry for the long post, but having this thing in my shop has been a long time coming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2V87Y4N125153.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	579950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trans am loaded.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	579952  

Last edited by eodcoduto; 12-18-2021 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Picture rotation and size.
The Following User Says Thank You to eodcoduto For This Useful Post: