View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
I'm confused- OP posts this, saying Exotic is first priority, that he wants something that's going to get noticed... and then everyone goes on about the most mundane cars? M3s, CTS-Vs, late model GTOs and such are fantastic cars, but th*ey aren't gonna get a second glance driving down the street. Camaros, and Challengers, really??? Even the 911 in the link is the most boring 911 in the most boring color ever... not to mention that 911s, while fine cars, aren't the slightest bit "exotic". I dunno, maybe they are in Indiana, but certainly not around here.

If you want to make people stop and look, you need to step away from the norm. The only cars that OP and others have mentioned- Maserati, Aston, maybe the Jag. Something with sexy lines. No sedan is gonna cut it... well, maybe a Bentley. Some will meet OP's criteria and fit his budget. The downside is that pretty much anything that I would consider "exotic" is going to be more expensive to maintain than a regular car.
Yeah. We are mostly on the same page. Though to be fair, exotic here in rural southern Indiana is probably a wider target than the many other areas. I mean having a rust free truck around here is kinda exotic. A Merc SL550 back when I was in So Cal wouldnt even be noticeable. It would VERY much stick out in my work parking lot here. So that helps me out some.

But yeah, this sentiment is probably why I dont ultimately get the CTSV or a Corvette. Plus I already had one. This is as much about something new for me as anything.

If Im being honest a 2nd gen V car is probably easily the best bang for buck on the list. But it would have to be perfect for me to consider it. Right color, right options etc. Maybe lowered a little bit.

The Porsche in my research seems to be the happy middle. New to me, should be rare around here. Enough of an aftermarket following to keep costs reasonable. Plus they kept the same general architecture for a while so that helps to with parts availability. But yeah I agree. No artic silver. There is a metallic steel color that I like.

This is the first one I think Im actually going to inquire about. More miles than I want, but it says its a rebuilt engine. Its also at an exotic car shop with good reviews on autotrader. So maybe they will have someone there capable of actually doing a professional Porsche inspection. And best of all, that standout color.

https://www.responsemotors.com/used-...carrera-c-731/

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports