View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 02:32 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
And by the same token I can tell you how my roller cammed 400 69 GTO blew off probably 10 BBCs on the street, it doesn't prove anything.

Just look at my signature picture of the 67 GTO stock car in the winners circle, where chevy powered cars are the norm. In 2 years I won 12 races with the GTO against mostly chevies. I guess if you think a chevy is unbeatable, then you'll get beaten.

BTW, the topic is LS engines, which aren't chevys, they're corporate GM engines. I know, because I own an 05 GTO with an LS2. I also own Straostreak powered Pontiacs. The power of an LS is very linear, not high torque like a Pontiac, which has an advantage at lower RPMs.

It's in the tuning and setup that makes one car faster than another. You can have 1000 HP and get beaten by something with lower HP if it won't transmit power to the ground efficiently. Unless you're comparing 2 engines on the same dyno, you won't get an accurate estimate of which produces the absolute top numbers.

Racing on clay gives you a completely different set of skills than running in a straight line on asphalt. And again "if your spinnin, you ain't winnin", so car setup plays a high percentage of which car wins, it's not all about the torque and HP of the engine.

Out of multiple pages of " Love my Pontiacs" to "I hate Chevys" and by association "I hate LS engines" a Race Guy who runs on something OTHER
that the street or the Quarter Mile passes on solid INFORMATION.

How many of you people are "willing to listen?"

JMT

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.