View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyakr View Post
Now, there's something else that's real interesting.

I have only known of 2 Stockers & 1 Super Stocker that are running 670 heads, in recent history.

LOTS more Stockers running a '68 Bird, especially in this century. The NHRA hp factor for the '68 D-port head 330hp engine has always been very similar to the '67 hp factor, as far as I know. So, I'd say maybe the open chamber #16 & #62 heads might have just as much potential as the 670 heads. Is there info proving that the 670's are better ?

There have also been lots of 4X head '74's & 6X head '77/'78's, that have run strong in Stock & SS. Many more than '67's.

"...I've heard that from a couple of Pontiac stock eliminator guys."

Just out of curiosity, were those guys running 670 head Stockers ? Unless one of 'em was Bryan Phillips, I'd don't know of any other guy who has run a 670 head Stocker, in the last 10 years. If there is one or more, I'd like to have that info.

The couple that I talked to were running 670 head combo's in later model pontiacs so different class but same idea. Have to look at other classes to find them. That type of class where a classic engine is run in a 3rd gen Firebird for example, they could run any model year engine/cylinder head package they want but choose the 670's, which I thought was interesting.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE