View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 04:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I sprayed 20% reduced epoxy primer on the doors and underneath side of the trunk lid today. Tomorrow I will spray the top side of it. All the panels will then be ready for the final wet sanding with 500 grit.

Over this past week I sprayed what I thought was the final application on the hood and both fenders but noticed reflection flaws that I didn't see before. Very minor but required blocking and a re-application of reduced primer. I blocked those areas using 400 and guide coat again after the 2nd application as well. I'm happy with everything now.

Great reflections on the doors. No problems there.

I've got the other panels out in the sun to bake the primer well.

If the trunk lid is good to go after spraying tomorrow, I will start getting the work room cleaned up to prep for paint. I did receive the spray booth filters late last week so I've got everything I need now.

It shouldn't take long to get the quarter panels wet sanded. I've had the car outside to let the sun bake the primer during the day and covering with a tarp at night to keep the dew off.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: