View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember seeing the discussions here about the repro aluminum intakes and hearing the stories about people having to weld them to get things right. I also know from Dave's website and from talking to him that he has found the repro intakes to just be too much work. I think he would probably do a factory unit, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

I've held quite a few iron intakes of various vintages in my hands over the years, from '67 to late '70s. The worst ones wouldn't have needed more than just a little epoxy to get things back in line with where they need to be though would also have needed significant grinding to open them up to a standard fel-pro gasket. I've never seen an iron intake that looks as bad as the pictures I posted above, and if that's better than the repro intakes then those don't sound like a very good deal.

I'd love to have a factory aluminum intake on my car and I've been talking with Dave about getting a set of heads and an intake done for it, but I have a very nice '72 iron unit to send him so guess I'll just stick with that.