View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 01:35 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillard View Post
So I drove it to work today and just went to lunch. On my way to town the "Service Security System" alarm came on. I've made 2 stops since then and it has restarted every time without hesitation, but the alarm makes me wonder if that isn't the issue. I knew of an Oldsmobile that had starting issues and it was found that there were some corroded or broken wires going to the anti-theft system causing the problem.

Yeah. The wires are tiny and frequently break.

What you need to do is use an ohm meter to "read" the key to see what the reading is. Next, your order the resistor (I got mine at Radio Shack, RIP) and they were 5 for a dollar. I'm sure amazon has them.

You just wire the resistor into the circuit before the key and that solves the problem. I've had 2 Bonnies, a '99 and '97, and they both eventually failed and required this fix.

If you got over to pontiacbonnevilleclub.com and search the archives, this fix will pop up, and it's an easy fix.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts