View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
lot of fuel experts here with out of my league recommendations.

just my actual results here. I used electric pumps only when I raced a lot. noise/routing/regulators were kind of a hassel but worth it for the fun of racing.

Now, I will race time to time for fun, and love returning to a mechanical pump for pure simplicity worry free driving.

I experienced this: I used a quadrajet and mechanical pump and ran out of fuel racing. I switched to the dual bowl holley and did not.

I drove my new set up (pictures because I don't recall the pump pn# but its a stock type large bowl.) and I love the holley recommended by a out of my league fuel expert here.

I was very curious going back to a mechanical pump, I drove out to a lonely country road, set my gps/et speedometer and had zero fuel issues. very very pleased.
yes the dual fuel bowl on holleys etc make a huge difference vs a Q-jets small single bowl.

lots of recommendations here that arent needed for the OP's stated purpose, with a holley & 100% street use, any of the suggested mechanical pumps will be fine & much cheaper, easier & more reliable (except in tank) than an electric. there is no need to sump the tank & run dual lines etc for his type of street car.