View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
They work great, only issue we haven't completely solved yet is that the front header bolt on each side tends to loosen up after a couple passes or a long road trip. It has fallen out several times. We are trying different length bolts and lock washers. There is not enough room for one of the locking type bolts in our application because of the front motor plate. Those two bolts are a son of a bitch to install and service because of it. In a situation with no front plate it would not even be an issue. We use a Remflex gasket with them and that might be a cause but I like to know that they are well sealed. We monitor back pressure and so far we have seen a fairly equal amount of BP to boost. Overall they are performing great. No signs of cracking or distortion. Great product.
Awesome! I really appreciate the feedback. Regarding the header bolts, I remember my old Buick Turbo 6 buddies using header bolts with safety wire going through them to keep them from backing out. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by locking bolts. I looked and had a hell of a time finding any online.

The set -up basically looked like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	574586  

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/