View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 09:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Progress

Spent a few days filling all the door and hail dings I could find. I also block sanded the entire car with 180 grit. I then used a bit of filler in places to help with panel level matching.

Yesterday, I sprayed 2 more coats of epoxy primer on the entire car.

And today I sprayed Slick Sand polyester primer on all the metal worked areas and to help level panel transitions. Heavier in the areas of the patch panels.

Then this afternoon, I set the car back down on the wheels. Panels will move a bit when the car is on jack stands so it's better to block sand everything in when it's on it's wheels. I also re-installed the front bumper.

I started sanding the driver side quarter with a long board and 80 grit and I can already see it's going to need another application of the polyester primer here. You can see where I sanded through to the epoxy primer.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO

Last edited by roger1; 09-04-2021 at 09:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: