View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter1966 View Post
The big thing you probably need to worry more about is head gaskets. You can use the factory rods with some ARP bolts , forged pistons, same as the Chevy 6. Rebuild the head and have a good tune. I so far have only run pump gas to about 15 lbs safely, just over that I did pop the head gasket. Replaced the gasket along with head studs. Car ran 9.42 @ 76.15 in the 1/8 on some old tires I got off Craigslist, spinning too damn much. Using a 1 barrel head will have your compression ratio good for the turbo setup, there is a document somewhere on the forum that shows the different ratio combinations with the heads available.
I think the head gasket situation could be dealt with. It is iron, thank goodness. ARP head studs or similar could be used. Clark, Flattout, Hussey or others could make a copper gasket. You could o-ring the head and block if copper alone won't get it done. Also, Cometic will make a multi-layer steel head gasket for that engine. These are not low cost solutions, but when working with a unique engine platform and trying to make big power with it, the costs do ratchet up exponentially. I build some high HP supercharged Studebaker V-8's for drag racing and endurance road racing and deal with similar issues. High HP, unusual engines are not for the weak of wallet.