Thread: Halogen vs LED
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

I have a set of Dapper Headlights with the 30w LED bi-xenon bulbs.

I've got quite a bit of time on them at this point and the quality is definitely there. They have actual glass lenses, a metal bucket along with aluminum heat-sinks and fans. Never a problem in any temp or in rainy situations. I opted for their OE glass which is as close as you can get to an OE look while retaining the projector lens.

Installation is cake and no different than installing a sealed beam halogen, unless you've opted for a halo, in which case you've got some extra wiring. It all plugs into the stock harness and mounts in the stock sealed beam buckets. No relays needed, they draw less power than the original sealed beam lights. It really is a pretty slick setup. Main issue is the price point, they aren't cheap. But quality parts aren't typically cheap.

If you're going to be driving at night any real amount, I highly recommend the upgrade to LED. If the car isn't really being driven at night and you're not after some of the aftermarket look of halo's and such, just get a quality sealed beam and maybe consider wiring them on a relay. Most cars will only register about 10.5-11 volts at the headlights after the rest of the car sucks up the current. That extra couple of volts does really help.