View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Converters are an interesting topic. Getting one to do exactly what you want/need can be quite a challenge. If you race a small tire class and have to pull timing on the hit, the converter may or may not do what you spec'ed it for. How fast it couples to accelerate your car can be a tricky endeavor. I race a tire limited class so I cant be as aggressive as I like compared to a car with a much larger tire. Blade number and fin angle will determine how fast and hard a converter locks up. I have a stator that pulls more g's then what is in the car now but kicks the tires at 1.1 seconds every time because it couples too fast. If your flash is too close to your fall back, it can knock the tires. If you flash is too far from your fall back it will be a dog out of the hole. If the converter in a NA application is too tight on the big end it can slow down your rate of acceleration in high gear. If it is too loose, it just wont accelerate. You really need to dyno your motor, talk to a reputable company and get a base line. You will need a data logger that logs, engine rpm, acceleration in g's and driveshaft to fine tune a converter.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Langer For This Useful Post: