View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 03:32 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Anyone have experience with this ECU?

I need a nitrous progressive controller and a data logger for my car, this ECU does that and a whole lot more.

I'm going to stay with a carb and wet nitrous for now, but I can see going MPI and dry nitrous in the future. Traction control is a huge plus too.

My questions are:

Do I need to use a TPS to activate the nitrous? Or can I still use a WOT switch and have the nitrous come on with the release of the transbrake button?

Can I use the ECU ignition control with my current MSD distributor and coil? Or do I have to go with a cam sync and CNP?
If you are going full EFI then you will already have a TPS to control fueling so using it for nitrous control will be very easy. Would probably harder to figure out how to use a WOT switch. You can have multiple requirements that need to be active before the nitrous will enable. For example you can have nitrous system armed, TPS greater than 85% and transbrake not active. This will activate the nitrous system on the release of the transbrake.

You can use your distributor, coil and I assume MSD box to control timing and retards. If you move to a cam sync and CNP you avoid any possible issues with distributor phasing and can plot a timing curve. This is helpful when you are maximizing your timing with the system on.

71 Firebird, best 1/8th mile time of 5.02 at 142 at altitude in Vegas