Thread: Carb physics
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
Due to the laws of nature things expand when they heat up., and so does the volume of fuel in a Carbs fuel bowl .
This means that what is a good level of fuel cold when the car is at that revers angle is too much when the motor is hot and it discharges into the motor and floods it out.

The problem is trying to determine which carb is the one that has its fuel level set too high.

You will have to get the motor to act up and hopefully you can look down into each Carb and see which one looks wet in it’s throttle bores and then reset the float level in that carb..
That is a terribly incorrect explanation/guess. I guess there wasn't anywhere else on the internet for you to copy and paste on this one. The fuel level is determined by a balance of the height of the float (and float buoyancy) vs. the needle and seat and the fuel pressure. Outside temperature should change this negligibly. As far as determining which carb it may be, are you serious? I'd say it has to be the center carb unless he's hammering it full throttle in reverse.

Back to the problem in question. I'd check the choke (as has already been suggested) or exhaust heat riser (if it's still in place and functional). Maybe have some vapor lock going on? Winter fuel blend if you live North?

Also. I think it may be the laws of physics instead of nature.