View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
I will have to get under them and look to see if they have the extra spring, but Like I mentioned before, I had OE springs and replaced the foams and still had the problem.

If you look at the pics, you can kind of see what's going on, but it's still hard to tell. On the bottom pan, you can see where the foam sticks out, and the OE ones didn't have that. And there was a much more pronounced 'bucket' appearance, and the middle seam was also a more pronounced 'V'.

The uprights, about 2/3rds the way up, have a bulge, as well as being too far off the pan, so can only imagine it's the foams.

I included an original interior pic, not very good, but best I could find at the moment.

So you're saying if I remove those springs from the lower pan, it will help, but not make it the way it should be? I agree the foam is too dense, too 'hard', and is part of the problem, but the previous attempts, never ever 'relaxed' enough to make it 'right'.

And nothing can be done with the uprights? One thing I noticed, the uprights lean back way more than original, fairly certain that's an attempt at making the seats more 'acceptable', because I know many that complain about the exact same thing I'm talking about.

And yes, when I was talking to PUI, they said they would use the ACI foams that are specific to the comfortweave covers.

I have 2 different interior guys tell me, the only way to get it 'right' is to trim the foams, so maybe I'm just stuck on that. But I can't live with the way it is now. Totally open for suggestions.

Its really hard to know what to do w/o taking the covers off and seeing exactly what is in there- that would be my first step. I really do think that the buns(whatever they may actually be) are only a part of the problem.

I would probably take the passenger seat out, tear it down and mess with it- then when done swap the tracks and make it the new drivers seat. That way you have the other unmodified seat to compare it with, to gauge if things are getting better or not.

Sounds like you have already been talking to some trimmers about it, so I'd probably move ahead with that plan.