View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Tripower View Post
Most outside mirrors were put on Chevelles as part of one of the comfort and convenience group packages. My particular Chevelle that was the case: driver's side mirror, day/night interior mirror, glovebox light, 2-speed wiper and washer and back up lights were part of the package. Most Chevelles that were Malibus or Malibu SSs were dealer ordered with the C&C group. That left the stand alone outside mirror mostly as an option for the 300 and 300 Deluxe and many of those got one. But you are right, the stand alone outside mirror was a dealer installed option only.

It is rather weird to drive the GTO and not have an outside mirror of any kind. But that's the way it came so I'm not going to add one.
Hey Rich, I misread your earlier post, thought you had said Chevy didn’t offer any outside mirror option from the factory. That is what prompted me to explain the Chevy C & C package option that you already knew about. Sorry about that.

But it is true, neither Pontiac or Chevy offered a passenger side outside mirror as a factory option, dealer accessory only in ‘64/‘65.