View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
Formula's look much better with the full flare compliments. easy removal if concerned with the originality thing. this is a nice one. never liked white interior though.

look like somethings missing without em.
Wow...I just had to reply to your thread! That's a basically a picture of the custom F-bird I built back in 1978.
Started life as a 72 Esprit my father purchased new. He wanted to buy GP, but I talked him into the Firebird...tried to pull him into a white TA sitting on the showroom floor, but he wouldn't go for it : (
Anyway, fast forward to '77, I got my DL and Pop gave me the rusted Esprit after my Sister got done beating the hell out of the '72.
I'll make a long story short.....she had a 350 / auto. I put in a junkyard 400/400turbo trans out of a 70 GP.
My Pop always got a posi rear in all his cars. So when he ordered this '72 late in 1971. It ended up with a 3.42 posi out of a Formula/TA from the factory. The car was always fast, even with the 350. Now with the 400, she really came to life!
I loved the look of the flairs, so I ordered a complete set from the Pontiac dealer. I got a rear spoiler from the same JY that I found the 400 from.
Had the body all repaired and flairs installed, and painted her midnight blue metallic.
The interior I replaced with a complete take out from a wrecked '78 TA. The parts that wouldn't fit, because of the rear window difference, I spray dyed to match the saddle color.
Oh yeah, I put a Formula hood on her too. I found that in a different JY for $30 !

I changed the dash, gauges, radio, and ended up with gold snowflake rims found, yeah...you guessed it, the junk yard...lol
As a 17-18 year old, I was so proud of what I had created.
So when I look at that pix, I can see myself flying around the streets of the Jersey shore back in the late 70's, early 80's
I ended up selling her to my roommate in college. I received a call months later while on break, he smacked her up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stuta For This Useful Post: