View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 07:48 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm saying you're pushing the limits of a 1/2 ton truck. I tend to push things and sometimes tow what I shouldn't, but if that's someone's plan to do on a regular basis, IMO, foolish.

I love my Tundra's and dread the thought of needing something heavier but it was also the reason I sprung for an all aluminum trailer to lighten the load. It saves me about 1000lbs of weight. JMO
You're fine if you have the right tires. Load Range "E" are a must. All 1/2 ton trucks come with "P" (passenger) rated tires (aka. car tires).

There's a guy (vendor) that shows up every year at Norwalk with a Tundra pulling about a 32 footer that is waaaay overloaded. The receiver hitch is literally inches from the ground. First thing I checked was the tires on that Tundra, they were "P" rated. I can't believe the guy makes it out of his driveway without those tires popping like balloons.

B.T.W.: If you tow more than a few times a year or tow heavy loads with your Tundra, check the rear axle bearings. Toyota has an issue with those. Seems as though they built the hell out of the truck but used too small of an axle bearing.